Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A Trio of Butterflies for Caardvarks Challenge






Here is a trio of butterfly cards for the sewing challenge.

The butterflies are made of velveteen ribbon (found in the floral and craft section). They were tied with coordinating ribbon on sale at Michaels this week 5 spools for $1. What a deal! The butterfly trails were stitched using 2-ply DMC embroidery thread. I tried a few different trails, and I don't know which one I like best. Maybe tomorrow I'll try a double trail with 2 butterflies.

There Thanks was hand written using a black brush pen. The For You sentiment is a $1 stamp from Michaels. And the last card has no sentiment yet. This will go in my any occasion file.





2 comments:

lauren bergold said...

hey--these are TERRIFIC! i like the way you have done 3 slightly different versions, experimenting as you go along! (i do that alllll the time!) :)

Heather said...

Amy- you won the gg Designs stamps on my blog! Please contact me so I can arrange to have them shipped to you.