Sunday, November 11, 2007

Inking the edges

I love to ink the edges of paper. I think it adds more definition and dimension to the paper. It also hides the white backing or core of the paper/cardstock. (There's nothing wrong with the white outline. Some people like it; I only like it in certain applications.) It's easy to use the ink pad to get the edges of square or round paper, but how do you get into the crevices or curves? Especially if you're talking about a diecut piece or a finely cut out stamp.

In cases like that, I use a marker. Make sure the back side is facing you, and edge around the paper with the marker. It won't matter if you accidently write on the paper, because its the back and won't show. I've done it on almost all of the cards posted.

That's my tip for the week. I hope someone finds it useful.

No comments: