Monday, November 12, 2007

Basket full of flowers




This is for the caardvarks challenge to use stitching. I can't take any credit for this card - I case'd it from a Martha Stewart card idea booklet. Worse yet, I didn't even buy the book. How bad is that? At least I gave her credit.

If I do this again, I will use a darker color green, and a heavier weight thread (or even yarn). Though it's not shown, Thank You is stamped on the inside.

The basket was stitched freehand using light weight crochet thread. The flowers are EK Success paper punches.

4 comments:

Andrea, said...

Great card

lauren bergold said...

this is FAB! (& i say anyone who can keep the idea in her head long enough to make a cool card...doesn't *NEED* to buy the book!) :)

lauren bergold said...

(ps: feel free to leave additional comments on caardvarks' hand-sewn post if you make more cards you'd like to enter in this challenge!)

Heather said...

You better check my blog!
http://stampdetails.blogspot.com/2007/11/and-winner-is.html