Sunday, October 28, 2007

How to make a shaker card pt. 2













Continued from part 1.

Step 7: This is the tricky part. Outline the foamie cut-out with adhesive. I used Terrifically Tacky Tape so you could see, but any strong adhesive will work. This needs to be all around the window. If there are any gaps, the confetti will fall out. Wow, I should not have picked such an elaborate design for the example! This took me at least 10 minutes. Normally, the card is super fast to put together.
I also added adhesive around the edge of the foamie to adhere the DS.

Step 8: Add confetti, glitter, whatever to the design window. Remove the backing to the tape. Carefully position the DS on the foamie, aligning the window. Press to seal all around. Give it a shake to make sure there are no gaps.

Step 9: Continue to embellish the card. I added curling ribbon and triangles to look more balloon like. If this was a snowball, I would have added an base. I've also used this technique to make mini-shadow box cards, so a frame would go around the window.

Finished!!! If you make this card, please let me know!!

No comments: