Sunday, January 14, 2007

Poor Kroshka...

Earlier this week my cat started winking at me. A day later there was a little discharge. By that evening his eye was red and closed. So off to the nice doctor. Since Kroshka had a small scratch on his nose, the doctor wanted to see if the infection was due to cornea damage. He put a dye in Kroshka's eye, turned off the office lights, and used a UV lamp. The idea was if there was a scratch on the cornea, the dye would fall into the scratch and show under the UV. Cornea damage would be the worst case scenario. Luckily, no damage!

So we left w/eye drops that need to be administered twice a day. I thought this would be the hard part. Boy, was I wrong. That one trip to the doctor has disrupted my happy trio of cats. No one is talking to each other. Lots of hissing. Lots of hiding under the bed. The only one who is even somewhat happy is Kroshka. It's been 3 days and his eye is much better.
I'll add pictures when I figure out how.

Just a note: so far no one is aware of my blog. I haven't told anyone yet...I've tried blogging before and always given up. This time I'll see if I can at least post once a week. Wish me luck.

No comments: